This seminar is organized into three parts. You can attend just one or all three.
***Part 1: AVOIDING VIOLENCE (Saturday, February 6, 12pm - 2pm)***
This part involves a video presentation, demonstrations, and discussion, and is mostly observational. You will learn key principles of avoiding violence, including:
- The "three A's" of surviving criminal violence
- How "ego" can get you-or somebody else-killed
- Common risks you may be taking without even realizing it
- The most effective deterrent to violence
***Part 2: UNDERSTANDING VIOLENCE (Saturday, February 13, 12pm - 2pm)***
This part involves a video presentation, demonstrations, and light physical activity. You will learn the counterintuitive principles of real violence, including:
- Why violence has nothing in common with competition, and how to tell the difference
- The common elements of every violent encounter, regardless of the particulars
- The distinction between social and asocial, and why your life may depend on knowing the difference
- Why focusing on "self defense" can get you killed, and what you need to focus on instead, both in your training and in the heat of the moment
- The one main advantage criminal predators have over "normal" people, and how to take it away from them
***Part 3: NAVIGATING VIOLENCE (Saturday, February 20, 12pm - 2pm)***
This part uses a hands-on skill-building process called Reaction Simulation Training (RST) to lay in the specific skills necessary to survive a violent encounter. You will learn everything you need to know to use your body as a weapon-of-last-resort, including:
- The one critical factor that determines the outcome of any violent encounter
- The psychological restraints most people in place have that could stop them from saving their own life, and how to remove them
- Why being bigger, faster, stronger, and tougher does not matter in violence
- How to train for maximum results
- How to ensure that your training will be there for you when you need it
- How to avoid panic and overwhelm in a violent situation so you can take decisive action
After attending part 1 of this seminar you will have a heightened awareness of how to minimize risks in your daily life. After attending Part 2 you will be able to "read" a violent situation well enough to understand what is happening. After attending part 3, you will be "conversational" in the language of violence, and you will have a universal, failsafe plan of action in place for responding to a worst-case scenario. Come to get all of your questions asked and answered, and go home with a permanent new skill set that may save your life.
Join us on Facebook or Meetup to be notified of future events!